Sunday, July 13, 2008

Talking in Church

So last night (Saturday), just before I fell asleep, Emily asked: "How's your talk going?" That's when I suddenly remembered that last week I had been asked to speak in church today. I don't even remember the topic. Yeah me! Maybe I can get up and just start reading, beginning with Genesis 1:1. Should be able to get to at least Chapter 3 or 4 by the time my 20 minutes are up.

8 comments:

Darrin Grella said...

Well...how did the talk go?

Shane said...

I stole a couple of talks off of the church website, slapped them together, and told a few stories that weren't completely true. At least I think that's what happened -- every single kid in the branch screamed throughout the entire thing ... I couldn't even hear myself.

linda barrett said...

That is my worst nightmare! Did you go to bed or get up & start planning a talk?

Shane said...

I went to bed. That's one advantage of church not starting until 2 p.m.

mini-wheats said...

do you reply to every post on here?

Shane said...

No.

linda barrett said...

Why not?

Shane said...

Because it's so predictable and smacks of loneliness.