As some of you know, Emily has been running a full-time daycare from our oh-so-spacious base house for the past six months. Having four other screaming kids along with our three monkeys -- all of them bouncing off the concrete walls of our bunker -- has pretty much been, at best, the fifth circle of hell. Other than Emily, the person getting the worst of it has been Liam. You know it's bad when an 8 year old begs you to take him to work or to go back to school . . . in July. The other day, the mother of one the kids Emily watches asked Liam how he liked having his mom run a daycare. Here is his very diplomatic and cultured response:
"I hate it. The highlight of my day is when somebody burps at the breakfast table."
Needless to say, we're all excited that Emily is soon going to part-time hours. Especially Liam.
3 comments:
hahaha!!!! Liam, is a funny kid! I'm sure it would be hard listening to a whole bunch of kids scream all the time! I have a hard time listening to the twins living above us scream at 3:00 in the morning! I can't imagine all day! I'm sure I'll get better taste of it sooner or later though!
YEah for daycare being over! I just had a break from mine, but it starts up next week. I have mixed feelings.
what's up Shane, it's Aaron Howell. Mrs. Davis passed on the link to your blog. I'm happy to read that you are doing well Captain! I'm still putting kids behind bars as a prosecutor in Stark County. I have an oral argument before the Ohio Supreme Court on October 1, 2008. Hopefully I learned enough to get by from watching Professor Carro do his thing. Professor Carro has offered to Moot Court the argument, which will be great. Anyway, just wanted to check in with you, I will continue to peep the blog. Take care of yourself.
Post a Comment