
I hate starting things like this. That's why I don't write in a journal -- I never know whether I should recap the last 32 years or just launch into what I ate for breakfast today. And then there's the whole dilemna over whether anybody would care that today I ate blueberry muffins and scrambled eggs , washed down with some of my kids' Juicy Juice. My anxiety over this sort of public writing was confirmed this morning. As we were unloading the diswasher, I told Emily that I was going to create a blog. She laughed, and when she realized I wasn't joking, she asked "why?" I can't answer that question. Maybe it's because, subconsciously, I was hoping to get out of putting away dishes. Maybe it's because I have a perverse need to tell the world I had blueberry muffins for breakfast and that my kids are cute and smart and nothing like me and that we really miss everyone but kind of enjoy living 7,000 miles away from everything. Or maybe I'm just bored since it's Sunday and "we" have a new rule that no one will watch TV or play video games until church and church isn't until 2 p.m.
2 comments:
I found your profile of great interest. You forgot to mention that your hero is your father. I guess it is hard to note that one given the standard set by him. I hear he is an incredible man who he too loves Hungarian polka music. Great picture of Emily. I had two eggs for breakfast today by the way.
Welcome to the blogging world. Emily said she couldn't read them at home because it all comes up in turkish. But we will reinvite you to ours anyways.
Post a Comment